Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Greatest Show on Earth (Episode 3)

Apologies for the delay in posting my response to last week's episode of ALTL. Things have been moving pretty fast around here since MBH went back to work. In fact Episode 4 has whizzed by without me even watching it, which is lucky 'cause I'm over ALTL now. The delicious cringe value has turned to pity and that ain't no fun.

Here are the basic notes I jotted down from Episode 3:

Young Kelly made an impression this week with her proud assertion that "by the end of the night I've drunk myself stupid and I'm either abusing someone or chucking up in a gutter".

Some of the cutaways are witty. Jessica is told to turn to Mrs Shrager or Mrs Harbord if she gets nervous mc'ing the fashion show. Cut to a rather mad and severe looking Mrs Harbord. Titter.

2 comments:

Kettle said...

I've heard someone say, to a friend in trouble, "no no, it's well-meant pity".

Is your pity for ALTL well-meant or, you know, sarcasmistic?

Senji said...

Is there such a thing as well meant pity?